With door locks, garage controls, and video surveillance accessible from anywhere, we bring peace of mind.
Northern Virginia Video Surveillance Systems
Why Invest in a Video Surveillance System?
Installing a video surveillance system at your home or business is an investment in your peace of mind. Our expert team at Integrated Media Systems has helped numerous customers take advantage of video surveillance systems in Northern Virginia, Northern Virginia, and across the DC metro area.
Some of the benefits of these technologies include:
- Deterring crime: The presence of cameras can serve as a deterrent to would-be criminals, reducing the likelihood of theft, vandalism, or trespassing.
- Monitoring activity: You can use a surveillance system to easily monitor activity in and around your property, which allows you to identify and respond quickly to any safety or security issues.
- Identifying culprits: In the unfortunate event that something does happen to your property, your camera footage could help you determine who or what was responsible.
There is no better time than now to find the right video surveillance system for your property. To learn more about this technology, read on, and then get in touch with us.
You can reach us by phone at (703) 420-5434 or connect with us online.
Internet Protocol (IP) and Analog Cameras
If you are in the market for a surveillance system, you have likely seen two general categories of cameras: internet protocol (IP) and analog. The two types differ in the way they transmit and process video. We provide further details below, but in short, analog cameras use wires, while IP can be either wired or wireless.
Analog cameras transmit video signals through cables to a storage system, which will convert the analog signals to a digital format and store them for remote viewing. The video quality of these systems will depend on the quality of the cameras and their connecting cables.
IP cameras can transmit video over to a storage system using either an Ethernet network or the internet. Also, they do not require a separate, analog-to-digital conversion process. IP cameras can provide much higher resolution and more detailed images than analog cameras, and many come with advanced features such as video analytics, facial recognition, and remote access.
What to Know About Surveillance System Storage
There are several ways you can store the footage from your surveillance system. Below we have listed some of the most common forms of storage and why you might choose them.
- SD Card: If you are not interested in constant surveillance and only want to capture motion-triggered footage, this could be the storage system for you. You can remove your SD card at any time from a camera and access and save footage to your computer.
- DVR/NVR: DVRs are most often used for analog cameras. They convert analog video to digital format. NVRs are typically used for digital networks and are equipped to handle video data from IP cameras. Both can store weeks of constant video and can support multiple cameras in a surveillance system.
- FTP: This is a network-based system that stores footage on a server. It is a great option for those who do not want a local storage system that could be physically stolen, but who also have concerns about the security of cloud storage. You can easily equip your FTP system with encryption and other security features.
- Cloud: If you have an adequate internet connection, using cloud storage for your surveillance footage can be convenient. These systems allow you to view surveillance footage from a mobile device.
What Surveillance System Is Right for You?
There are a variety of factors you ought to consider when choosing cameras, a storage system, and other features.
Some of the top considerations include:
- How often and for how long you want to record video.
- How many cameras you need and where you would like to place them.
- What kind of resolution would be best.
- Whether you need features like motion detection, facial recognition, or remote access.
At Integrated Media Systems, we are your local experts in video surveillance systems in Northern Virginia. We would be glad to speak with you about your property and why you are interested in adding to its security. With our technology recommendations and expert installation services, you can make a smart investment in the safety of your home or business. All you have to do is reach out to us!
Call (703) 420-5434 or send us a message online to schedule a consultation.
Automation & Control
Distributed Audio & Video
Wifi & Wired Networks
Why choose Us?Taming Technology Since 1979
Solutions that keep up with the changing trends
Ongoing stellar service and maintenance
In-the-know of the latest tech and tools
Over 3 Decades of Service In the Local Area
Hear From Our Satisfied Customers
“Everything looks and sounds great. I have been waiting my whole life for a system like this, and Tom and his company did not let me down. I wish I could give more than 5 stars.” Jeff.
“Kevin and his team are a pleasure to work with, we had great communication throughout the process and they did a phenomenal job.” NCH Home Solutions